The following list of contraindications show medical conditions for which it is not allowed to use the VibroGym without consulting your doctor first.
Contra indications and precautions together with the potential associated consequences.
|CONTRA INDICATION||PRECAUTION||POSSIBLE CONSEQUENCE|
|Epilepsy||Fractures; damage of body tissue due to falling|
|(Severe) headache||Fainting; visual disorder, out of conscious, fractures, damage of body tissue|
|Cognitive impairment||Fractures; damage of body tissue due to falling|
|Dementia||Fractures; damage of body tissue due to falling|
|Dropouts||Fractures; damage of body tissue due to falling|
|Blurred vision and serious ocular diseases||Fractures; damage of body tissue due to falling|
|Acute hernia, discopathy, spondylosis||Damage of the spine|
|Serious cardiovascular disease; Serious degrees of decompensated chronic heart failure||Death; acute decompensation|
|High-risk hypertension||Death; acute decompensation|
|Pacemaker||Heart failure; asystolic, death|
|Acute trombosis||Heart attack,TIA or stroke, Lung emboli|
|Severe diabetis||Fainting, visual disorder, out of conscuious, fractures, damage of body tissue due to falling, gastroparese, gastroparalysis|
|Low extremity ulcers||Non-healing infection|
|Recent infections||Increase of inflammation|
|Recent wounds from surgery||Non-healing, infection|
|Rheumatoid arthritis||Non-healing, Damage to the joint|
|Hip and knee implants||Mitigtation|
|Recently placed alien implants like pins, screws, plates and coils||Mitigtation|
|Recently placed IUD’s ( intra uterine devices||Pregnancy, migration|
|Gallstones||Nausea, vomiting, pain, biliair obstruction|
|Kidney stones||Nausea, vomiting, pain, urogenital obstruction|
- Inexperienced users should always use the VibroTraining® Poster and the VibroTraining® introduction programme for guidance.
- Wear comfortable footwear and sportswear.
- Always use the VibroMat when doing exercises during which you touch the vibration platform without shoes or with parts of your body other than your feet.
- Remove any loose jewellery.
- Always stop exercising immediately when feeling dizzy or light-headed.
- Before, during and after training make sure to hydrate yourself properly.
- Inexperienced users shouldn’t over do training, 3 times a week is optimal.
- Always inspect the VibroGym for broken or worn parts prior to using the machine.
- Exercises that can be performed unilaterally should be repeated with the same intensity on both sides.
- For the best results select a vibration frequency of 30Hz, 35Hz or 40Hz for strengthening and stretching, with 40Hz or 50Hz for massage.
- Dynamic exercises should be performed under control with good technique.
- Be careful when stepping down from the VibroGym.
- Always put the weight on the middle of the platform to ensure best durability of the VibroGym.
- Never use the VibroGym if one or more contra indications is applicable, without consulting your physician (see list of contra indications).
- The VibroGym should never be set up in rooms with high humidity.
- Never sit on the platform with a straight back.
- Never put your head or belly on the platform.
- Inexperienced users should never use additional weights for VibroTraining®.
- The vibration platform should never carry more than 140 kg/308 lbs.
- Inexperienced users of VibroTraining® should refrain from training in the “high-amplitude” modus, until comfortable with the vibration.
- Never do the stretching exercises quickly, let the tension increase slowly.